Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sypurist
Level 7

Video freezing on Google Play Movies

I have several Roku 3s, and when I go to play a movie in Google Movies, it's plays for a few seconds, then the video freezes but the audio keeps playing.

It stays like this for about 30-45 seconds, then the video catches up up to the audio, and it mostly plays fine after that.

Occasionally it will happen again in the middle of the movie, but not everytime. 

I have also experienced this sometimes in Disney+, and on my Roku Ultra, but not everytime like on my Roku 3s.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2\
pauls2020
Level 7

Re: Video freezing on Google Play Movies

I have exactly the same problem. I have three Roku 3's and video freezes after a few seconds on Google Play! It must be a bug in the player as you will find that they play perfectly if you view them via your account using YouTube on Roku 3. I have reported the issue to Google Play but not getting my hopes up. I suggest you report it to Google Play as well. Roku customer support is non existent...

Sypurist
Level 7

Re: Video freezing on Google Play Movies

Thanks, I will.

0 Kudos