Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thefwguy
Level 7

Video freezes but sound works somewhat

This is most common on Peacock but now it happens on Paramount+, Hulu, and Netflix.

Video freezes then stutters along a frame or two at a time with intermittent freezes. Sound will start and stop but went going it is at full speed. 

Remote stops working entirely. When it does work it is on a delay. Eventually after a couple of minutes the remote works or the device reopens on the app icons screen.

The Roku (Express) sometimes has a solid white dot sometimes its dark, and sometimes the light goes on and off when you are trying to get the Roku to work by using the remote.

I have 12 or 18 Mps internet and nothing else is slow or glitchy even computer games. I am only watching streaming with maybe web browsing on my PC.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Video freezes but sound works somewhat

If you're using your TV's USB port and not the supplied power adapter give the power adapter a shot.  Try a different HDMI cable if you have one and/or a different HDMI input on your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos