Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pikeviewsc
Level 7

Video blacks out periodically

The video stream on my Roku Premiere that I purchased in June has started going black periodically.  The video will return within 2 seconds. The audio stays on.  I replaced the HDMI cables but that did not solve the problem.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hawkinsb
Level 7

Re: Video blacks out periodically

I have a brand new Streaming Stick + that has started doing this over the past 24 hours. I get a couple of seconds of black screen while audio continues. Happens every few minutes.

I've changed TV inputs, HDMI cables, display type on the Roku from 1080p to 720p -- no change.

0 Kudos
Pikeviewsc
Level 7

Just wanted to update my situation.  I had this Roku Premiere connect to an HDMI input on my Samsung sound bar when this blackout condition started.  I have now moved it to a direct connection to HDMI 2 on my Sony Bravia and that seems to have resolved the issue - at least for now.

0 Kudos
hawkinsb
Level 7

@Pikeviewsc wrote:

Just wanted to update my situation.  I had this Roku Premiere connect to an HDMI input on my Samsung sound bar when this blackout condition started.  I have now moved it to a direct connection to HDMI 2 on my Sony Bravia and that seems to have resolved the issue - at least for now.

I, too, am seeing this come and go now with a Samsung sound bar... 

0 Kudos