Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Video and sound not working

I have reset our Roku to factory settings and unplugged it, etc. I can open apps but nothing will play. Is Roku really working on this?! We have live events we'd like to watch. Why is customer service available online chat or by phone?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Video and sound not working

Is there online chat support? There isn't phone support. Unacceptable. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Same issue here on Express+.  Started last night.  Where is support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Great question. Sorry you are having issues too. This is unacceptable. For as many customers as they have, you'd think this would be resolved already. I wish they would undo the update and reconfigure it so this won't happen. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Just posted a fix that worked for me. It puts last version back on. 

Re: Downgrading Updates

You can sometimes get the previous version of the firmware during the rollout of a new version from the "Secret Screen" (press Home 5 times, FF 3 times, Rewind twice). Choose "Update software" and it may offer the previous version as an update

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wow - thank you! This is a completely inadequate expression of gratitude to you, which has prevented me from going completely crazy. I lost sound, video, and navigation capability on my Roku Express 3910. I purchased this model less than a year ago (for an older CRT television) after Roku sent me an email, indicating that they were no longer going to support my Roku LT. The Express has worked fine until a coupl days ago. I won't bore you all with everything I tried, the countless restarts, etc. Your "secret screen" protocol worked! Once again, thank you.

I am, however, furious with the Roku company. When I called their "customer support" number, a recording informed me that they no longer offer phone support. OK, so then when I attempted to do a "live chat" with a rep, I received a message indicating that they DO NOT OFFER  ANY SUPPORT for my model. Unbelievable - how do I go about nominating Roku for the worst company of the year award?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

You're so welcome. I'm glad it worked for you too. I knew I had to share so others could try. I wasn't happy either with their customer service. The did reply to me on Facebook messenger, which was surprising. Take care!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Unfortunately this 'fix' did nothing for me, no ability to roll back.

ROKU needs to fix this and address it, upfront.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I'm so sorry. Yes, their response or lack of is unacceptable.

0 Kudos