Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmarchlewicz
Level 7

Video Apparently Cropped, Edges of Video Off Screen

I have a Premier+ that replaced my old LT. The LT played videos just fine. The Premier+ plays videos and the outer edges are off the screen. I have tried all aspect ratios of my TV to fix the problem. Wide, Zoom, 16:9, etc.. Nothing resolves it. My videos are always "zoomed" in a way that crops away the edges of my videos. It happens with the youtube app, cbsn app, etc.. Any ideas? Is there a setting within the Premier+ that I am missing? My TV is a 42" 1080P LCP I have no issues inside of the Xbox One YouTube App on the same TV... so it's something with the Roku Player. Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
andyross
Level 10

Re: Video Apparently Cropped, Edges of Video Off Screen

Is it on the same input as the old Roku? Does your TV have a separate screen setting for overscan?
0 Kudos
gmarchlewicz
Level 7

"andyross" wrote:
Is it on the same input as the old Roku? Does your TV have a separate screen setting for overscan?

It is on the same input as the old one. I don't have any settings for overscan within my TV's menus. Thanks for your response!
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

If you are using Plex, the Plex app for Roku has a setting for "Overscan" that could be causing the problem.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos