Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deerpark243
Level 7

Vertical colored lines on half the screen other half is black, how to get to Roku home page?

Hi,

I have a Sony 65 inch 4K TV and a Roku Ultra connected to my Yamaha ARC Receiver. I've had this problem before but I can't remember how I fixed it. When I go to turn on the Roku player all I get is Verticle colored lines on 1/2 of the screen the other half is black. I've tried re-pairing the remote with the Ultra, unplugging the HDMI cables then plugging them back in, but when I checked the input and switched from HDMI ARC to a regular HDMI1 I get a black screen but it's like the Roku home page is right behind it because I can hear the noises the Roku makes I.E. the home sound, the back button sound. The only thing I haven't done is replace the HDMI cables which I don't think that's what it is.

I've had Roku on chat and we had tried everything but they don't have a clue, and actually ghosted me on the chat. So, I'm at my wit's end, but one thing I can say is that it might be the receiver. Has anybody encountered this problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Vertical colored lines on half the screen other half is black, how to get to Roku home page?

Any time you connect to the tv through another device, you're counting on everything in the chain working right.

As a troubleshooting step, have you tried connecting your Roku directly to the tv?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos