Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rockou
Level 10

Re: Version 9.2.0 Build 4750-46 has serious handshake issue with 4K-60HZ, when connected to AVR’s.

Jump to solution

Our original Ultra had no problem (it is plugged into our Yamaha receiver and then into the tv) but our streaming stick + in the bedroom (plugged directly into the tv) would not get a picture with firmware 9.2.0 4750 unless I changed the aspect ratio and then changed it back again. Even after rebooting the stick it wouldn't get a picture.

Thankfully I saw an update last night yo 9.2.0 4806 and downloaded it to both our Ultra and the streaming stick +.

That solved the issue for the stick and the Ultra still works just fine as always.

4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra 4640 (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
Stale
Level 8

Re: Version 9.2.0 Build 4750-46 has serious handshake issue with 4K-60HZ, when connected to AVR’s.

Jump to solution

Just updated as well, set it back and all has been good so far.

Thanks TannerD for the help to get attention on this, much appreciated!

0 Kudos
prsianxcrsion
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this handshake issue. Denon X3700h, Roku 4800r, LG CXPUA, HDMI over ethernet. I was having no issues with the prior Roku Ultra model but the Roku Ultra 2020 will give me a "no input" on my TV but I can hear the sounds when I press buttons. It seems AVR transfers over but Roku does not handshake. If I unhook the CAT6 and hook back up, then all is well. This issue occurs when I turn the system on. Once handshake is complete from disrupting the HDMI/connection and reconnecting, all is well.

0 Kudos