Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsmiddleton4
Level 7

Version 8 4K issues

I have an older Ultra with the optical port.
I have an older TV that was released as 4K was coming out.  It has one HDMI port that does 2160/30 and is HDCP 2.2.  

FW 8 test is, passes with all green check marks for 4K/30 and HDCP.  But it won't hold it.  Everything seems happy as my 4K movies off VUDU stream with Dolby Atmos and the UHD icon displayed fo the VUDU app.  But my display gets set down to 1080P.  Happens forcing the resolution, happens if frame refresh is off or on.  Once set to 2160 it takes about 30 seconds and the resolution goes back to 1080P.

Went back to FW 7 and it rightly sets my display and it HOLDS 2160.  I'm watching Wonder Woman right now at 2160/30 and Dolby Atmos.

Something is not right for 4K/30.  

I guess similar thing happened with the Roku 4?

ROKU has made some advancements with V8 for newer 4K/HDR/60 displays but they've messed something up for those of us with plain 4K/30 displays.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jsmiddleton4
Level 7

Re: Version 8 4K issues

Rolled back to version 7 via ROKU secret menu option and all is well.  

OS 8 is moving in right direction but its got issues........
0 Kudos
darealest1
Level 7

Re: Version 8 4K issues

I have a question for you guys.  I am thinking if getting an ultra or roku + so that i can stream vudu uhd titles for the dolby atmos audio track. I haven't made the jump to 4k yet and am not in a hurry to, so i was wondering if i can stream vudu uhd and output the video to 1080p so that i can listen to them on my atmos setup with having a 4k display.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos