Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
solyluna
Level 8

Usb cable and device very hot and not working

My Roku express stops working after getting very hot both usb Cable and receptor device. I change the usb cable and is getting very hot as well. Also the receiver is not turning on. Not white light neither red and hot at touch. Help! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Usb cable and device very hot and not working

@solyluna

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

If you are still experiencing an issue with overheating, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
solyluna
Level 8

Hi @RokuDanny-R thaks for answering! Sadly we still have the same issue. The roku express+ is not working. The usb Cable gets really really hot, the roku still warmer and not white light neither the red. So can’t get to settings. But the codes outside receiver shows this: Model: 3910x (blacks letters) C53964972972 (white letters) hope this information helps. 
Thank you. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@solyluna

Thanks for the follow up and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos