Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Uneven volume. Anyone else annoyed by it?

I got tired of skimming  through that arrogant **bleep**'s replies. Did you ever get a straight answer or solution for the uneven sound between the ads and show?  If someone has a comment they wish to share, keep it short and on target.  I don't want comments like well you didn't know to set this........ I want solutions. I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW.  I just want an answer that tells me how to fix my issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

my roku box does not have a volume leveling setting

but my roku TV does have a volume leveling setting

donno if they will ad this to the my roku box, it would help.

this might be a TV feature and not a roku feature,

so look for the volume leveling on the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@joebob wrote:

my roku box does not have a volume leveling setting

but my roku TV does have a volume leveling setting

donno if they will ad this to the my roku box, it would help.

this might be a TV feature and not a roku feature,

so look for the volume leveling on the TV.

Depends on how old your Roku box is. There's a number of older versions that are no longer supported and won't get any further updates. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I believe I resolved it with 

=>settings=>accessibility=>volume=>low

I think. If not let me know I'll try to find my notes. Whatever i did it worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

BTW it was driving me crazy mad. So yes I was very bothered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well it’s incredibly obnoxious and disrespectful to your customers please get it under control

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Kbee wrote:

Well it’s incredibly obnoxious and disrespectful to your customers please get it under control

If it's happening on The Roku Channel, then you have a beef with Roku. If it's happening on any other channel (YouTube, Hulu, etc.), then your issue is with whoever provides that channel. Roku has no control over content (including volume levels) within any channel other than TRC, which is their responsibility. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos