Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Unauthorized HDCP Content

User has been banned for spamming, flaming, and trolling, and all posts deleted.

When you see a post like that, please just report it via the triangular exclamation icon and don't respond to the post.  I'll take care of it.

*Edit* In addition, you can send me an email at ssmith at roku.com alerting me to the thread/threads if I'm off-duty.  I still try to reserve a half-hour of my weekly 40 hours to get rid of spam on the weekends (Sat/Sun), but I can't always guarantee it so email is the easiest way to alert me to such offending posts.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Gealer
Level 7

I have been watching off the plea app with no problems then went away and tried to watch something and got the HDCP error.

I have tried it all and the only thing that had changed was an auto update which I can't now watch anything on it.

This can't be a coincidence!!! 
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 9

Experienced this same issue with RMP on a SS+ (3810) w/8.0.1-4090-50 and Display set to Auto (connected directly to LG TV)

Once it occurred, all streams resulted in the HDCP error.

Restarting the unit wasn't good enough - HDCP errors persisted - the TV had to be restarted as well (not unusual for HDCP scenarios)

Once back in normal operation, manually configuring to 4K HDR 60Hz eliminated the RMP "cascade" HDCP error.
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

"StreamerUserDude" wrote:
Experienced this same issue with RMP on a SS+ (3810) w/8.0.1-4090-50 and Display set to Auto (connected directly to LG TV)

Once it occurred, all streams resulted in the HDCP error.

Restarting the unit wasn't good enough - HDCP errors persisted - the TV had to be restarted as well (not unusual for HDCP scenarios)

Once back in normal operation, manually configuring to 4K HDR 60Hz eliminated the RMP "cascade" HDCP error.

Yeah even though the Streaming Stick+ tests OK only at 4K HDR 30Hz, it still HDCP error hiccups for me.  Manually force setting to 4K HDR 60Hz was the longest lasting fix even though that too hiccups occasionally.
0 Kudos
Jboy772
Level 7

Ok guys, unfortunately I found my way here bc im now getting this error in the last couple weeks on not one but TWO Roku 3 boxes. They’ve worked fine for a couple years now, same hardware in each, same config, heck probably the same batteries on one of them. my gut tells me it’s some sort of new update, Roku, or app. What’s the consensus here. Reading through the thread it looks like there’s no good resolution.
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

"Jboy772" wrote:
Ok guys, unfortunately I found my way here bc im now getting this error in the last couple weeks on not one but TWO Roku 3 boxes.  They’ve worked fine for a couple years now, same hardware in each, same config, heck probably the same batteries on one of them. my gut tells me it’s some sort of new update, Roku, or app. What’s the consensus here. Reading through the thread it looks like there’s no good resolution.

My Streaming Stick+ has not been exhibiting this issue since the June 29th update.
0 Kudos