Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donb
Level 7

Re: Unauthorized HDCP Content

I had to force Roku to switch to 4k UHD 60hz, otherwise it was a no go.  I also have to use the HDMI IN/ARC port.
0 Kudos
heligo
Level 7

"donb" wrote:
I had to force Roku to switch to 4k UHD 60hz, otherwise it was a no go.  I also have to use the HDMI IN/ARC port.

Ok thanks, i'll bear that in mind. How long has it been working for you?
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

It's been working for two months.
0 Kudos
heligo
Level 7

Thanks!
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

I guess I spoke too soon. Smiley Sad  

It just happened again at the Netflix profile selection screen.  But then it magically did not reoccur.
0 Kudos
heligo
Level 7

That's my fault.

So glad we're being protected by these anti-piracy schemes...
0 Kudos
Eddy555
Level 7

I got this loads with chroma subsampling set to 4:2:2. Setting it back to 4:2:0 fixed it for me
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

"Eddy555" wrote:
I got this loads with chroma subsampling set to 4:2:2. Setting it back to 4:2:0 fixed it for me

Mine was already set to that. Thanks though.
0 Kudos
donb
Level 7

"Chuckf" wrote:
Roku sucks unless your a bible thumper

What in the heck is that supposed to mean?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Chuckf" wrote:
Roku sucks unless your a bible thumper

I'm someone you might consider a "bible thumper" and I don't have a single religious channel installed. From your posts today, my guess is you either work for Amazon, trying to push the Fire TV, or Apple, with their less than perfect streaming box. There's no perfect media streamer, although I believe the Nvidia Shield is the closest thing available right now. But not in the same price range as even the most expensive Roku. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos