Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ponyboy865
Level 8

Ultra sound drops out

Don't understand? At first I thought it was Hulu because that's where the problem seemed to be, you would be watching something the ads would play and bang no sound, had to get out of the app, or some times had to reboot the Ultra? Loaded the Hulu app on my LG tv and no problem, now on the Roku channel the same thing movie plays great the ads start and I lost the sound, this time after 5 mintues the sound came back??????????????????????????????????? no codes are ever shown???????????

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra sound drops out

There is an "issue" (some may not consider it one) of the volume level dropping down to near-zero volume levels during some ads on the 4800, but it always returns to normal levels afterwards.

You can always report it to Roku directly:

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ponyboy865
Level 8

thanks all ready have sent them a e mail 

0 Kudos
klambert
Level 9

It's probably something related to the ads being in 2.0 and the content being in 5.1. You start a 5.1 show and the first advert hits and pop, you're in 2.0. Then whatever you have playing sound can't figure out it's changed and freezes.

0 Kudos