Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valabad
Reel Rookie

Re: Ultra headphone issues

Jump to solution

Don't forget to stand on one foot, hold the ROKU over your head with your left hand, jump up and down 3 times, and chant "Can you hear me now!" 15 times..... 

valabad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
rubrtoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

had the same problem just now and these "solutions" seems to be bogus to me as well for the same reasons. batteries: the remote is working still just not the audio and it's not the ear =phones because I tried another pair. But I will try new batteries and won't try the other "solutions" because they were working flawlessly and quit suddenly and spontaneously. also I am used to all the tech companies from Microsoft to Ebay trying to blame somebody else's tech for their shoddy products most notably, and these will be familiar to everyone reading this, Empty your browser cache, perform a reset, restart your device (which is the only one in this list which SOMETIMES corrects issues) check your network, none of which every work, and NOT ONLY THAT< they will ALWAYS respond with those "suggestions" EVEN IF you initially wrote under "steps all ready taken" that you had performed a reset, restarted the device, emptied browser caches (or in my case, tried other browsers) after which I usually get nasty and they admonish me that they won't repond if i continue to curse and I writeback "

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Supertech Thanks for the note here. There are a few things you can do to help resolve this type of issue. 

1. Replace the batteries in the remote. Lower power can sometimes cause this time of issue. 

2. Ensure that your wireless router is broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network to help reduce wireless interference that can occur rom nearby wireless networks. 

3. Try changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router. This can also help reduce interference and improve your device's connection. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist you with this. 

Keep us posted with how it goes! 

Cheers,

Tanner

****ing promise?"

rubrtoe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

actually changing the batteries worked but this other **bleep** here  is utter boilerplate nonsense. the audio does cut out from time to time. the reason turns out to be too many obstacles between me and the source for instance I took it the remote in my hand by my side while laying down and it started cutting out bad. as soon as i placed it back up on the nightstand, it cleared up. I tried this twice, same result. Ye

@RokuTannerD wrote:

@Supertech Thanks for the note here. There are a few things you can do to help resolve this type of issue. 

1. Replace the batteries in the remote. Lower power can sometimes cause this time of issue. 

2. Ensure that your wireless router is broadcasting a 5GHz wireless network to help reduce wireless interference that can occur rom nearby wireless networks. 

3. Try changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router. This can also help reduce interference and improve your device's connection. Your ISP or wireless router manufacturer can assist you with this. 

Keep us posted with how it goes! 

Cheers,

Tanner

t this "expert" here doesn't say a darn thing about this "solution"!

valabad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How about if ROKU just fixes the problem.  I have never had a remote that burns through batteries like it does.  I haven't put new batteries in my TV remote for over 5 years!  I believe the way the remote was designed is the problem.  I went through over 10 remotes before I got one that didn't just stop working after about 4 - 6 weeks.  ROKU needs to be accountable and fix this.

Jump to solution

Omg!  This actually worked!   Thank you! 

0 Kudos

Re: Ultra remote headphone audio issues

Jump to solution

I changed the frequency from 5gigahertz back to 2.4 and then back to 5gig, and the problem resolved itself.  I do not know for how long this will work, but it does now work just fine over 5 minutes.

Duck05
Channel Surfer

Re: Ultra remote headphone audio issues

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra and a Premiere both having the private listening feature.  

The Ultra remote after over 10 months was flawless when using the ear buds.  Then, intermittently this started to develop static and drop outs.  The Ultra is hardwire connected to a Netgear Nighthawk modem/router with Xfinity broadband service. Not sure if a recent software change is the root but started to see messages (sometimes) referring to bandwidth issues.   Tried a bunch of different things (including buying and then returning a new remote) but no improvement.   After several other tries, finally ended up resorting to a aptX BT transmitter and aptX headphones to achieve clean sound.  So, the Ultra is HDMI to the TV and the BT transmitter uses the optical audio as input from TV.  Disappointing that I had to resort to this setup.

The Premier is much older but worked great until the last software update that added the Airplay feature (not sure related).  Now the connection drops between if you pause the video for a short time and when you hit play the audio resorts back to (in my case) the HDMI path and I have pop out the ear buds and back in to sound back to the ear buds.   Very annoying and disappointing when up til now was a flawless experience.

My belief is these are software issues causing older versions of the hardware to behave undesirable.....  Hopefully the next software release fixes these conditions but the investment made for BT transmitter and headphones will remain.

Duck05
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did that, too, but still had drop outs and static.  I had to resort to a separate BT transmitter off of the TV to get reliable sound to BT headphones....

Ryry50000

Jump to solution

Cant believe roku considers this the solution.   Whats weird is sometimes remote works fine and other times its trashfire.

0 Kudos