Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Williamt100
Level 9

Ultra no Longer Recognizes Micro SD Card

This morning I noticed that every channel was having to reload upon launching.  

When I checked the System information, I saw that my Micro SD Card was no longer installed (it was inserted, however).

This particular card is 14.7 GB and I've been using it since I purchased the Roku, and it was working flawlessly -- until now.

I removed the device, installed it in my PC and it is recognized and I can reformat it, etc.

The Roku will simply no longer mount the device anymore.  Can my Ultra be failing?  It's been less than a year since I purchased the unit.

Bill
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Williamt100
Level 9

Re: Ultra no Longer Recognizes Micro SD Card

Update -- I used my PC to do a full reformat of the Micro SD card.  I then reinserted it into the Ultra and reformatted the card for use by the Roku.

Something must have gotten corrupted during use (power glitch maybe?).  In any event, it appears to be working normally again.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Chicken
Level 8

I agree, does sound like a power glitch of some sort.  I understand Windows does a hack job reformatting SD cards, writing over some delicate table of some sort but I can't say I've ever run into problems reformatting them with windows, myself.

Glad you got it going! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ronfelder
Level 8

I had what one would call a bed micro sd card.If one rebooted the Roku the card would never let the Roku finish booting up. Take in the card out allowed the Roku to boot and work properly. To fix I just reformatted in the pc and reinserted it back into the Roku. No clue as to what went wrong. just know the fix.
Roku 2xs (3100x), Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 9

Yes, it appears that is what I needed to do as well.  

I'd not seen that behavior before -- I have the same brand/size SD card installed in my Roku 4 and it has been working properly for quite a while.  

Bill
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Beck38
Level 7

Sdcard and os9.2/roku4 incompatable?

I own 3 roku4's, two of which I updated over a year ago with 16GB sdcards. When inserted, the roku's formatted the cards and they've been running fine for this last year.
But this last week, a few days after being updated with os9.2 build4131-29 both units started rebooting over and over, until I removed the sdcards. After doing so, they booted up just fine. The 3rd unit that I never upgraded ran without any problems.

Has anyone else seen any problems like this? I'd like to test these sdcards out with my regular computers, but I'm unable to do so right now as my house is being remodeled.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos