Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LKC
Reel Rookie

Ultra device making popping noise

my roku ultra has been making this popping noise, and it is getting much louder. roku doesn’t offer a way to contact them unless it is a issue they deem important: costumer service should be provided for any issue a customer has…what does roku have to say?  

6 REPLIES 6
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Ultra device making popping noise

@LKC 

The popping noises attributed to the Ultra (4800) have been usually attributed to the HDMI cable or the Audio Settings.

From this posting, (https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Static-noise-crack-popping/td-p/4267...), the three remedies found most useful were...

1. replace HDMI cable

2. In Settings, change Audio Mode from Auto Detect to Stereo. (Settings/Audio/Audio Mode/Stereo) followed by a System Restart. (Settings/System/System Restart or Settings/System/Power/System Restart).

3. Move the Ultra away from power supplies that may be causing interference.

----

During your troubleshooting, verify that the Ultra is directly connected to your TV, and not running through any audio peripherals like receivers that can be contributing to issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
LKC
Reel Rookie

Why am I responsible for paying for an adequate hdmi cable? I paid extra for the “ultra” model.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@LKC wrote:

Why am I responsible for paying for an adequate hdmi cable? I paid extra for the “ultra” model.

Are you saying that numbers 2 and 3 didn't resolve it?

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

LKC
Reel Rookie

Yes, I tried these options first

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@LKC 

If the device is defective, and it's under warranty, return it. Either to the store where you bought it, or via the Roku Returns page.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
MADOGRE1975
Channel Surfer

I also had this as well, I seem to have stumbled on a fix. Hit the *, Sound Setting, Customize sound mode, Dialogue Enhancement, if AC4 is on turn it off.

0 Kudos