Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Calpardo
Level 7

Ultra Stuck on Roku Logo

Hello,
Been using my Ultra for one month with no issues.  Today I only unplugged the power supply to connect to a different power strip.  Ever since this the device never gets past the Roku logo when starts up each time--eventually if wait long enough the screen goes to black. I cross checked all the connections and even restarted the router with no luck for Ultra to get past start-up,.  Even did troubleshooting with my old Roku 2 - works with same Ethernet connection and HDMI connection.  Unfortunately in early steps I pressed the reset button on the Ultra remote but not able to repair with device stuck on Roku logo. I saw since this action advice to get to secret screen but now cannot with remote no longer paired.
 If cannot help me then what is best number or email address to contact Roku for help?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Ultra Stuck on Roku Logo

You should only use the power supply that came with your Roku box- that could be why it's not booting.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Calpardo
Level 7

Thanks.  I edited my original posting to clarify that plugged into a different power strip.  Still using the original Roku power supply. 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Which Roku 2? If it's the model 4210, it came with an IR remote (although it will work with a WiFi Direct remote). You can use the IR remote to control the Ultra. That way, you can try to set up the Roku Ultra and determine if the issue is with the box or the remote. That might be a way to get you where you need to put things right.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Calpardo
Level 7

Thanks for the suggestion.  No luck.  My Roku 2 XS is model 3100X.  I tried to pair with my Roku Ultra with the Roku 2 remote but did not.  Note:  I saw one suggestion to unplug the power for 17 and 25 minutes - did 30 minutes and overnight and each time Ultra stays stuck on bouncing Roku logo letters before ending to black screen after many minutes,
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Calpardo" wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion.  No luck.  My Roku 2 XS is model 3100X.  I tried to pair with my Roku Ultra with the Roku 2 remote but did not.  Note:  I saw one suggestion to unplug the power for 17 and 25 minutes - did 30 minutes and overnight and each time Ultra stays stuck on bouncing Roku logo letters before ending to black screen after many minutes,

The 2 XS is the only Roku that uses a Bluetooth remote, so it won't pair with any other Roku.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos