Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kone
Level 8

Ultra 4670X Freezes and Reboots Often

My Ultra 4670X (9.2.0) freezes and reboots several times an evening.  Was in Freiburg is now happening more and more.  

Happens while streaming shows and it seems indiscriminate of app, happened on Disney+, Apple TV+, and YTTV.  Picture freezes, waits a half min or so then the dancing Roku appears.  Have tried restart through menu and power off/on to no avail.  FWIW it's connected directly to router, not WiFi.  Unit is only a few months old.

Any help?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11\
ziddak
Level 7

Re: Ultra 4670X Freezes and Reboots Often

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue.  I just sent an email to roku support. I think my roku is defective.  Have you been able to resolve your issue? If so, how?   Thanks!

0 Kudos
kone
Level 8

Roku support sent me a replacement as mine was under warranty.  My new Ultra does the same thing, not as much, but still reboots here and there.

Not impressed with Roku stuff.  My Amazon Fire devices work flawlessly.

0 Kudos
kone
Level 8

Freeze/reboots on my replacement Ultra now becoming more frequent @ 3-4 x daily.  

Time's just about up with this thing.

0 Kudos
RnAInSA
Level 7

Ours locks up and reboots on the YouTube channel every once in awhile.

Was thinking about purchasing a new audio receiver for the audio issues, but thinking the Ruko was a mistake now. 

0 Kudos
kone
Level 8

Yup, wish I had stayed with Amazon Fire stuff.

0 Kudos
ziddak
Level 7

After several emails back and forth with Roku support, I finally called them (somewhere in Asia) and got them to agree to send a replacement.  In the meantime, I re-installed my 2017 version Roku Ultra and it's been working good, except for an occasional garbling of the audio.  I then have to reboot the Roku to clear it up.  I did receive the replacement from Roku and send my defective one back.  But I'm going to sell it since it's brand new in a sealed box.  I'm thinking I'll get a new Amazon fire stick.  I went the Roku route years ago because I can access my Spectrum Cable through the Roku (but not with the Fire stick)  I'm wondering if the latest Roku Ultra stick is worth a try?   Anybody have experience with it?

0 Kudos
JEVZ
Level 8

I have two (2) new Roku Ultra's and both are doing the same thing as others describe. picture freezes, unit locks up, then restarts,

kone
Level 8

Fed up with this thing.  Now on my second Ultra and it's no better than the first.

Submitted a support request to Roku 5 days ago - zero response so far.

I'll say that based on my experience I don't know how this company and their products and get so much positive feedback.

ac18
Level 7

Same issue as yours. I used to have FireTV, but switched to Roku bc I also switched to SpectrumTV which FireTV does not support. Ive had my Roku Ultra since the holidays and it does the freeze/reboot cycle on a daily basis. Support is no help. They just gave me the basic troubleshooting steps and told me to contact google. I think Im just going to buy an Apple TV.