Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
studio3_d
Reel Rookie

Ultra 4640 optical 5.1 issues

Jump to solution

Need to send hdmi video to projector, separate audio stream to receiver, so I bought a Ultra 4640 with optical out. When I first plugged it all in, the receiver was getting a 5.1 signal (Netflix). But when I factory reset and updated firmware, I could no longer get 5.1 audio through optical cable from ANY channel. Was software support dropped? (I have audio set to "Auto"). thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
studio3_d
Reel Rookie

Re: Ultra 4640 optical 5.1 issues

Jump to solution

OK, I found the solution! I had to change the "Digital Output Format" to CUSTOM (DD) then turn DTS ON. I thought that AUTO would automatically find the best audio format, but that is NOT the case. Perhaps this is what you meant by "force", but I wish you'd explained it instead of asking what my AVR and projector models were, which has zero importance in this matter. At least I found it and it does work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@studio3_d

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you. Can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
studio3_d
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for looking into this. 

Model: 4640W
Serial: YP0082873576
ID: ADC738873576

It's not an issue that occurs, it's something that doesn't occur, which is that 5.1 audio from the optical port no longer works after a factory reset/update. No 5.1 on any channel, stereo only.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@studio3_d

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the issue you are experiencing:

-what is the model and brand AVR

-model and brand projector

-have you tried forcing audio from Auto to 5.1 resolve the issue for you

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
studio3_d
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I've tried "forcing" 5.1 to my Pioneer receiver which did not help. It worked fine before I did the reset. I guess I will try to split the hdmi and see if that works.

0 Kudos
studio3_d
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, I found the solution! I had to change the "Digital Output Format" to CUSTOM (DD) then turn DTS ON. I thought that AUTO would automatically find the best audio format, but that is NOT the case. Perhaps this is what you meant by "force", but I wish you'd explained it instead of asking what my AVR and projector models were, which has zero importance in this matter. At least I found it and it does work.

0 Kudos