Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Ultra 2020 quits to main screen or crashes and reboots on most apps.

The Roku 2020 Ultra is nothing but problems.

Disney + crashes to main screen

SyFy states buffering, freezes, and crashes Roku then reboots Roku

HBOmax crashes to main screen

Boomerang crashes to main screen

Hulu crashes to main screen

List goes on, and on...

Happens every day at least once for each app. Some days many times.

Happens with multi Roku 2020 Ultra units, on multiple brands and production years of 4K TVs. This DID NOT happen with the 2019 Ultra, or any other prior version of Ultra.

Roku just states to talk to the app developer's. Again app's work fine on anything besides 2020 Ultra.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 7

Re: Ultra 2020 quits to main screen or crashes and reboots on most apps.

Same thing has been happening for me. Every app often buffers for long periods of time until it becomes unresponsive and crashes.

This was not an issue on my previous Roku Ultra (2017) but is an issue on my new 2020 model.

Crashes happen much more frequently if I use pause, rewind, or fast forward controls in any app. I've tried a factory reset as well which didn't help.

I should express that I like this article so a ton and moreover using it in regular. I believe you would continue sharing better than average article here. play solitaire

0 Kudos
Level 10

Exactly. Happens daily. Usually multiple times. Pretty much every app and I have 50 apps so it’s pretty far reaching. 

0 Kudos