Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SIRich
Level 7

USB Power Wall Adapter for Roku SE

Jump to solution

I set up a Roku SE to power thru the USB port on the TV. When I power off the TV the Roku SE powers off. When I power on the TV the Roku SE boots up and powers on. Is this OK for the Roku device to power on and off with the TV or should I power it thru a USB wall adapter so it remains on constant. If so, what voltage and amp should the adapter be (5V 1A ?). The device works fine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: USB Power Wall Adapter for Roku SE

Jump to solution

@SIRich  Thanks for the note. The device is designed to be used either way. For the most consistent performance, the wall adapter is included to help keep your Roku ready at all times, as well as able to receive updates whenever they are available. However, you can use the device either way you choose. 

If you ever see a low power warning message when connected to the TV's USB port, you'll want to use the included wall power adapter. If you continue using the TV power connection, I'd also recommend checking for system updates periodically in Settings>System>System update>Check now. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: USB Power Wall Adapter for Roku SE

Jump to solution

@SIRich  Thanks for the note. The device is designed to be used either way. For the most consistent performance, the wall adapter is included to help keep your Roku ready at all times, as well as able to receive updates whenever they are available. However, you can use the device either way you choose. 

If you ever see a low power warning message when connected to the TV's USB port, you'll want to use the included wall power adapter. If you continue using the TV power connection, I'd also recommend checking for system updates periodically in Settings>System>System update>Check now. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos