Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradleycougar
Level 7

Two audio feeds for the Remote headphone jack (Roku 3) and an audio feed tor a TV or receiver?

I have a Roku 3 with a headphone jack on it. I have poor hearing and my doesn't. W en I turn up the audio on the my audio receiver where I can hear, my wife says it hurts her ears. I like to use the headphone jack on the remote but it mutes the audio out To the receiver where my wife can not hear anything. Is there a way to get two audio feeds for the same program that we are watching?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Two audio feeds for the Remote headphone jack (Roku 3) and an audio feed tor a TV or receiver?

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Roku devices do not support multiple listening capabilities. Roku does however support up to four mobile devices being connected for private listening with the use of the Roku mobile app.

For more information about private listening through the mobile app, visit our Support page here: How do I use headphones on my mobile device for private listening?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thegreatusagi
Level 8

Multiple Listeners?

Although the idea is great, Is there a way to turn that feature off? I don’t need anyone else to be interfering with what i’m listening to. Or a possibility of only I private listener on a device connected on the same network? something?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Multiple Listeners?

@thegreatusagi

Thanks for the post.

Private listening will require the mobile device to be connected to your Roku device as well as on your same network as stated in the Support page that I provided in my previous post.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
thegreatusagi
Level 8

Re: Multiple Listeners?

right.

That's why I was asking about a possibility of not letting that happen. I basically am trying to find out if that feature can be removed. I have 4 Rokus 3 phones 3 bluetooth headphones all under the same network. Just trying to see if theres a work around that and to avoid another mishap of someone accidentally listening to a device when they shouldn't be....

0 Kudos