Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashleedio

Tv turns on by itself

Hi, I've searched to no avail, perhaps someone can help. I purchased an Onn Roku Tv for black friday. I have nothing connected to it except my settop box for cable provider. This tv turns itself on about every 15-20 minutes (haven't timed it) after it's turned off. I have tried a factory reset, I've tried adjusting every setting I have read about possibly helping, and even those that don't seem like they'd matter. I have tried leaving the batteries out of the remote, I've tried a different outlet, a surge protector, a system update - it still turns on by itself to the home screen. I have to unplug the tv if I'm not using it, which is less than ideal. Any idea what is causing this to happen and how I can stop it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! If it matters, I do not have the app on my phone or any other devices that are trying to send a signal. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
caby

Re: Tv turns on by itself

We have the exact problem, have to unplug the TV at night. Would love a solution.

0 Kudos

My Onn. Roku has keeping on and off itself without me touch ing remote control. What can I do about it?

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@19641 

We could do some testing to determine what's going on. This is odd, so it may be a quick determination, or a difficult determination.

How often is this happening? Is there any pattern to it? If you turn it off, when might you find it turning itself on?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos