Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Tv screen keeps going black

I did a reset as well, and powered off and back on, etc, etc, and nothing has helped to stop this from going on! Amazon Firestick, nor even accessing Amazon Prime, from Roku has any issues, it's just with Roku's streaming channels!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@StevenCee

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on the TV as well as replacing the HDMI cable to see if the issue persists?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you see the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I don't use an HDMI port or cable. I have a TCL 55 Roku TV, and this is happening way too often! And as I said, it doesn't happen with channels I get via antenna, only the Roku streamed channels.  Its not just one or two, but a number of channels that sometimes take bouncing back and forth half a dozen times, before the picture finally stays. It will show the pic for a second or two, then it goes black, with the sound still going.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I've even called TCL and done troubleshooting via phone, reset, unplug & plug back in, etc., yet the problem persists. So it seems like Roku & TCL are playing Hot Potato with this issue, no willing to admit it's the fault of the brand of TV, the Roku OS, or the Roku remote. I'm sure those of us having to deal with these various, very frustrating glitches, would like whatever product is creating these problems, fixed.

Kmalley
Reel Rookie

Thank you. I hooked up a different Tv and it works. Now the Tv is in the garage.