Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Tv screen keeps going black

My screen goes black for a split second then goes back to normal is there any way to fix this.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Tv screen keeps going black

Does this occur when going to and/or returning from commercials?  This is probably caused by the commercials being at a different resolution and/or frame rate than the program you're watching.  The Roku/TV combination must reset its video parameters for each such transition and this can cause a short blackout.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No I can even have my tv on the menu where I pick which hdmi I want to use it just goes black on there and I dont know why.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine is doing the same thing. At first we thought it was the cable, but tried several cables and ports. It still does it. HELP Please!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

TV screen keeps going black

My screen goes black after a few minutes but only on the MGM channel. That is the only channel I like to watch on Roku so it is very annoying. When I exit back to the menu and go right back in it starts playing again but after a few minutes it goes black again and will stay that way until I exit out and go back in. Why does this do this. I have restarted a few times and it is not only doing it on one Roku, I have two units connect and it is doing it on both. The Roku Express 3930.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Did you find a solution? Mine is doing the same during shows on any app. When on spectrum app keeps asking if I'm watching, comes on as soon as I turn to a channel,  then continues to ask every 1 minute. I have to keep pressing the ok button or it will turn off.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Wow! That is more annoying than the screen going black. It will play for about 4 hours then every 1/2 to 1 hour after that it goes black. I have to back out to the main menu and select the channel again and it comes back on. So annoying. No I haven't have any replies about this yet. As soon as I get a response I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is, and I haven't gotten any response to my issue, aside from yours. Nothing from Roku.  Very irritated! Thanks for your response,  please let me know when you get a response from them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I wanted to let you know that I got a reply from Roku. They said to remove the channel from my home screen, reboot the system and then add it back. The problem is the channel I am having issues with is within the Roku channels and I don't have the option to remove it. I am waiting to hear back from them regarding my question whether I should remove the entire Roku icon and then put it back. 

Just wanted to keep you updated.

0 Kudos