Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hensleyjn76
Level 7

Turning off YouTube thumbnail previews on roku tv

Hello, I have a Newer model Sharp 58” Roku TV. I’m unable to turn off the YouTube thumbnail previews on the tv app side. I also have other roku TVs that the YouTube app doesn’t do this, is there something I’m missing? Thanks for any help you guys can offer! 

3 Replies
bper
Level 7

Re: Turning off YouTube thumbnail previews on roku tv

I am having the same problem. We also have an older Sharp TV. I just bought a new Roku stick (black Friday sale, nicer remote) and it started doing this. I can find no way to turn YouTube preview off. We had an older Roku stick and it did not do this when browsing through the available video's.

Now it starts a preview each time you browse over a video, very annoying. I noticed it does not do this with video's in the watch later list or when using any other app. It also does it on my Windows computer when on YouTube.

The only thing I could find on searching the web is you can disable it if you have an Apple (IOS) device. Does anyone know if it does this on the paid version of YouTube? - bper

0 Kudos
ppspps
Level 7

I am also having the same issue. Very distracting and a negative experience. I am not inclined to search for new content on YouTube because it is so annoying. Please post instructions to turn this off. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@ppspps
Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos