Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWLaguna
Level 7

Trying to watch Star Trek Picard kicks me out of the app

Over the weekend we were at a location where I had to sign up for Paramount Plus on the AppleTV app. When we got home I tried watching the same shows (Picard) through Roku and every time it kicked me all the way out to the Home Screen. I tried it multiple times with the same results. I then played it on my AppleTV and it worked flawlessly. I can watch other Paramount shows fine, so why Star Trek. Must be the Romulans. 😛

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Trying to watch Star Trek Picard kicks me out of the app

Hi @GWLaguna

Thanks for the post.

For us to isolate the issue, are you experiencing any other problems watching other content when using Apple TV on your Roku? Have you tried removing the channel > restart your Roku > add the channel back in? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. 

Check out this link if you need help with the suggestion above: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
GWLaguna
Level 7

Thank you for getting back to me. I did remove the AppleTV app and restart my Roku and then added it back. What I’m finding is it’s only when trying to play a Dolby Vision program within the AppleTV app. I can play them fine through Netflix, but not Paramount Plus inside the AppleTV app. As I said, I have not had any issues doing the same thing on my AppleTV using the same apps, so I believe there’s something happening still with DV and certain apps. Please let me know how to continue. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
GWLaguna
Level 7

Following up again…. I’ve been trying all my various apps to see what’s causing this error (bug), and it appears that anything I try to play within the AppleTV app that’s switching to Dolby Vision kicks me out to the Home Screen. I can play the same movies or shows within Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ etc. and they play fine. It appears that in my application, it’s something to do with Dolby Vision content not being able to play in the AppleTV app. I hope that helps you narrow down the issue.  My current configuration is the Roku Ultra 4800x running 10.0 build 4195-C2 on a Sony XBR75Z9H. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
daz1138
Level 9

Dolby Vision & HDR not working in some channels on Hisense RokuTV

I have found that on the Prime Video channel and the AppleTV channel Dolby Vision is not working. Also in Prime Video HDR doesn’t always work either. 
I have been watching programs that show as being in HDR/Dolby Vision but they do not play that way. 
to test this I installed Prime Video and AppleTV on my Chromecast with GoogleTV that is on another input on the same TV. I then played the same content. On the Chromecast with GoogleTV the content came up as Dolby Vision or HDR as specified but on the RokuTV the content either came up without any HDR or Dolby Vision (Prime Video) or the Dolby Vision content on AppleTV plays as HDR on RokuTV.

I think the problem is in the App video interface with the RokuTV since is plays properly on the same TV through the Chromecast. 

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra LT
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Dolby Vision & HDR not working in some channels on Hisense RokuTV

@daz1138 @GWLaguna

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos