Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscar15

Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

I've checked several forums concerning streaming issues with Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime. A common theme is people who have ROKU devices had the most issues.  Two questions:

1. Did you have issues steaming the game?

2. Do you think Amazon would have purposely steamed in a way that would not work as well on a ROKU device?  Competition with Fire Stick. 

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

Hello @oscar15

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? What happens when you stream Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime Video through Roku? Have you checked other channels if the same problem occurs?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
robang

Re: Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime did not steam properly on ROKU players

TNF performs poorly on replay.  Crashes often when I use fast forward. Also there doesn't seem to be a preview on the fast forward.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@robang
Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
swany65
Reel Rookie

Yep it sucks on Roku. Last week...this week. Frame rate looks like it's 20-24 frames per second. Audio drifts horribly out of sync. No other app on Roku has this problem. It's a you problem not me problem. Thursday night football streaming from Amazon Prime on the computer is flawless. If the higher ups can't figure out how to fix this problem then they should go back and get a refund on their college education because they got ripped off. 

0 Kudos

I'm using the premiere which claims it can do 4k, It's garbage. I tried 1080p and 720p and it looks like 15-30 fps. In other words is stutters. It's unwatchable. I came here hoping to contact support, but beyond 30 days it seems not likely no matter how poor the device is. Luckily I have a Firestick 4K and it's preformance is great. I think I'll replace the Roku with a Chromecast with Google TV device. I haven't heard of any problems streaming football with that device.

OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Thursday night football streams without any problems on all 3 of my Roku TVs. I have 2 westinghouse's and 1 Sharp. I did have to restart one Westinghouse from the menu in order to fix my problem on that particular TV while watching TNF.

0 Kudos
wvaboiler
Reel Rookie

Yes. I have two Rokus and both were problematic. In one case I have an LG connected to my wifi network.  I also have a Roku connected to my LG and connected to the same wifi network. When I connected the LG to Prime with a direct Wifi connection the picture was crystal clear 100% of time.  When I connected the LG to Prime via the Roku connection the picture was clear sometimes but most of the time very wavy - it was unwatchable.  Of course the LG and the Roku are close so distance wasn't an issue.  Moving the Roku and also restarting it did not help.

I plan to run similar "test" watching Sunday night game on Peacock using same connection setups (I normally watch Sunday night game on my cable NBC connection).

0 Kudos
wvaboiler
Reel Rookie

May be a difference between connecting to wifi with Roku module  vs connecting with a Roku TV.  

So far I've only had my problem with prime TNF live streaming.  Anything else I watch via my Roku module is a great picture.  

0 Kudos
swany65
Reel Rookie

same here. It was only the TNF on a Roku. But the last couple weeks have been much better. Frame rates were spot on. Except last night's game I wasn't really paying attention to because it was boring! 

0 Kudos