Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerryri
Channel Surfer

Re: The Roku Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

Not sure why, but the issue went away on it’s own. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me how to disable ad blocking with my streaming stick+?

0 Kudos
Paul9
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
  1. Enter the Settings on your Roku home screen.
  2. Choose Privacy.
  3. Then tap on Advertising.
  4. Next, enable the Limit Ad Tracking setting.
  5. Finally, restart your device.

My issue was with my eero Secure + "Ad Blocking" turned on. It was what caused the Roku Channel to freeze at commercials. If you have an eero, check that Add Blocking is turned off. 

Jump to solution

Ok, this non tech older lady needs more help. I have a older flat screen tv about 7 yrs old. I never used to have the ads freezing the screen. It seems since I updated to the newest Roku version I have been having freezing ads .

what is the error you talked about? 
I have shut down my entire system and rebooted the Roku system but it didn’t help. I changed the privacy settings and that didn’t help. What else can I try?

0 Kudos
Paul9
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If your problem is the same as what I was experiencing, you have something that is blocking ads. In my case it was my eero wifi that had an ad blocker option set. So, if you have an eero, turn off ad blocking. if you don't have an eero, you'll need to do a search for equipment that you have searching for how to turn off ad blocking. Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What the heck is eero?

willietech

Jump to solution

Same problem !  Mostly with the Roku channel. Using a new Roku Altra.

COME ON RIKU, YOU GUYS OWN BOTH !!! Let's fix the PROBLEM !!

0 Kudos
willietech

Jump to solution

Sorry.  ROKU .. Ultra

0 Kudos
panagon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Check if your router has Ad blocking enabled. This is what caused this issue for me, turning off ad blocking at my router level has roku channel no longer freeze. 

0 Kudos
wytchwood

Re: The Archive Channel Freezes After Ads on Movies

Jump to solution

I started watching The Archive channel last night on my Roku Premiere. What was happening was I'd get commercials but after the third commercial when it said 3 of 3, the movie wouldn't resume.  Therefore after reading about this issue here, I made the change in privacy settings through my Roku, and it seems like it fixed the problem, so much so, in going back into the movie I was trying to watch last night before this started happening, I actually didn't get any commercials at all today for the 20-30 minutes I watched the movie after changing the setting under privacy.  

0 Kudos