Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DFV
Level 7

The Naked News no longer accessible

Anyone else having issues playing The Naked News on their Roku? Had no issues for past 2 years, until just recently. Tried contacting Naked News customer service and got no response.

I am a lifetime subscriber to The Naked News, and the ability to use Roku for playback on my TV was a major deciding factor when I subscribed to The Naked News and purchased the Roku device.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: The Naked News no longer accessible

Maybe they're just having server issues. It happens.

Their Website says they have an app (non-certified, I expect). https://www.nakednews.com/roku 

Your best bet is to hear from them. But as long as you can access via their Website, I'd assume they're still in operation. Unless and until they remove references to Roku, I'd assume it's a glitch. 

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
DFV
Level 7

I heard back from NN and it appears a technical issue is the source of the playback issue. Hope it will be back up and running soon.

0 Kudos
DFV
Level 7

Well, it's been a week, and still no Naked News playback on Roku. You would think they would have addressed the issue by now. Not impressed!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 20

@DFV wrote:

Well, it's been a week, and still no Naked News playback on Roku. You would think they would have addressed the issue by now. Not impressed!

To be sure it is understood...

The channels themselves create and maintain their own apps to run on whichever platforms they wish to support.  Roku (or any other device maker) just supplies the platform on which these channel apps run.  The "they" that has not corrected the issue is Naked News.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
DFV
Level 7

Follow up: 

Naked News is up and running on Roku again! Thanks Naked News!

Highly recommend NN!

0 Kudos