Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DFV
Channel Surfer

The Naked News no longer accessible

Jump to solution

Anyone else having issues playing The Naked News on their Roku? Had no issues for past 2 years, until just recently. Tried contacting Naked News customer service and got no response.

I am a lifetime subscriber to The Naked News, and the ability to use Roku for playback on my TV was a major deciding factor when I subscribed to The Naked News and purchased the Roku device.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DFV
Channel Surfer

Re: The Naked News no longer accessible

Jump to solution

The NN website allows subscribers to download each news segment in 1080P. Just takes a few minutes to download. These files can be transferred to a thumb drive and you can watch on your HDTV with same quality as Roku. I now can enjoy the extremely lovely anchor ladies on my HDTV, the way it is intended.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Maybe they're just having server issues. It happens.

Their Website says they have an app (non-certified, I expect). https://www.nakednews.com/roku 

Your best bet is to hear from them. But as long as you can access via their Website, I'd assume they're still in operation. Unless and until they remove references to Roku, I'd assume it's a glitch. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DFV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I heard back from NN and it appears a technical issue is the source of the playback issue. Hope it will be back up and running soon.

0 Kudos
DFV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, it's been a week, and still no Naked News playback on Roku. You would think they would have addressed the issue by now. Not impressed!

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@DFV wrote:

Well, it's been a week, and still no Naked News playback on Roku. You would think they would have addressed the issue by now. Not impressed!

To be sure it is understood...

The channels themselves create and maintain their own apps to run on whichever platforms they wish to support.  Roku (or any other device maker) just supplies the platform on which these channel apps run.  The "they" that has not corrected the issue is Naked News.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DFV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Follow up: 

Naked News is up and running on Roku again! Thanks Naked News!

Highly recommend NN!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Is the Naked News Streaming on ROKU ?

0 Kudos
DFV
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I believe Naked News had some technical issues a few months ago, but they have been resolved.

0 Kudos
freddy42u

Jump to solution

2-28-21, anyone able to share how to add the Naked News channel on my Roku?  recently discovered Naked News and would really like to watch on my TV rather than my laptop.  nakednews.com/roku no longer appears to work.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@freddy42u 

Naked News app for Roku was a non-certified app. Roku changed the private/non-certified/beta app process recently. Non-certified apps now have a maximum 120-day life, and a very limited number of users. It's the new rules being enforced that caused the app to go away. Naked News could submit an app for certification, but that's entirely up to them.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos