Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

TV shows "No Signal" from Streaming Stick +

Yesterday, my family turned on our Samsung TV and our Streaming Stick+, but the TV displayed "No Signal."

We've tried all of the HDMI ports on the TV, and other devices work fine on those same ports, but still the same error.

We've tried a factory reset. Nothing. I've gone through all of my TV's settings and found nothing. Even completely unlinked it from my account. (Getting desperate.)

Thinking the device had died I bought a new one on my way home. Opened the package. Plugged everything in. Nothing. No signal.

Took the original one and plugged it into an old monitor we have in another room. Worked just fine. Relinked it and set it up. Manually set it to 1080p, per a recommendation on a community post. Plugged it back into our TV, and "No Signal."

I am seeing other's with the same issue, but no solutions, except one user went out and bought a new 4k TV. That would be nice, but it isn't an option for me right now.

Was there a Roku software update that is possibly playing havoc with the two devices talking? Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: TV shows "No Signal" from Streaming Stick +

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please try visiting Settings>System>System update>Check now and let us know if this helps resolve the issue you were seeing.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I plugged the Stick into the one TV it is working on, updated the software, and then put it in our main TV. Still nothing. TV says "no signal found."

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm having the same issue. As of 5 days ago both my roku 3 box and my roku stick stopped working correctly. I get the "no signal" when ever i plug in the stick to any of my 3 tvs.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@defocused @Hopetibbetts25  Thanks for letting us know. A few questions here to help better understand your setup: 

- What specific brand and model(s) of TV is your device connected to when it experiences this issue? 

- Have you tried connecting the device to a different HDMI port, or tried using a different HDMI cable to see if this resolves the issue? 

- If you unplug and then reconnect the device to your TV, does the display return on your TV? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, I've done every trouble shooting step imaginable, tried it on several different tvs. And it's not just the roku stick my roku 3 stopped working as well the same day the software update was put out. I spoke to a tech advisor a few days back on the chat on here and was asked to do the same things you suggested. I got No where. Told i needed to go buy another stick because mine" might have a faulty part" and since it's not under warranty it's MY problem and how they regret that I'm having this issue. I regret wasting my money on a hunk of junk to be honest.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

And yes the light on my roku stick is lit up. It powers on but no signal is all I get. The chat girl "jessie" said she'd talk to her team and get back to me by email and I've still heard nothing from ANYONE!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hopetibbetts25 Thanks for the extra details here. Please send me a private message with your TV's make and model number. I'll follow up directly to gather any additional information that our team may need while investigating your report. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the same issue. Model 3800x worked fine until it didn't. I've tried multiple different HDMI ports, different TV's and tried USB vs traditional power connection. I still get the same "no signal" I've tried resetting, unplugging and all that. My roku remote works flawlessly with my other roku devices so I'm sure its not the issue. please help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nursemarge Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried plugging your Roku device into a different HDMI port or a different TV to see if this resolves the issue? Is your device connected to power using the included wall power adapter? If not, you'll want to plug it directly into the wall. 

Roku Streaming Sticks use wireless, point-anywhere remotes that must be paired to your device. Is the remote you are using paired to your Roku Streaming Stick? If you are having trouble getting the remote paired, you can see tips for resolving pairing issues here: https://support.roku.com/article/208755708-how-do-i-resolve-problems-with-my-roku-enhanced-point-any...

Please keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos