Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: TV series "Batman" not playing

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Does this happen on all movies/shows in The Roku channel or just specific titles?
Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Sophie11
Level 8

My Roku device model is 3920x Roku Premeire, Serial # YHOOAE974325, device ID K4208A974325, software version 9.4.0 build 4200-91, and tracker ID is 25-068-528. This problem for me is only occuring with the tv series Batman on the Roku channel. Other shows are loading. The channel version is 4.2 build 3. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Sophie11,

Thanks for providing the information needed! Our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
Katie3
Level 7

I have the same problem with Batman and My Favorite Martian not loading. Is Roku going to fix this?

0 Kudos
techhead51
Level 7

I have three Roku devices two Roku Ultras one from 2016 the other roku ultra 2020 and a TCL Roku TV none of the Roku devices will play Batman the series Lost in space

I do not have any issues with playing it on my two mobile Android phones or my Amazon fire tablet or through a computer and web browser

The 2016 Roku skew is 4640 RW the 2020 model is skew 4800r

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @techhead51,

Thanks for the post.

We're aware of the issue and the Roku channel team has been investigating this issue closely. We'll get back to you once we have an update and I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Thanks,

Mary

ScottK2
Level 7

I've got the same problem with Batman, but the channel keeps track of what I've watched and I can access/play the episode after doing a search for it.  Roku's search takes me right to the next episode.

0 Kudos
ScottK2
Level 7

Correction - I just went in to play S1 E33 and it just "flashes" at me.  After 3 or 4 clicks of "OK" to play, the screen locks with a picture of Batman and Robin.  I hit buttons on the remote and the screen goes to a blank purple "Search" screen, but no on-screen keyboard.  "Home" took me out and I was able to go back into the Roku channel but still can't resume Batman ("Batman (1943-1993)"... seems wrong for a series that ran from 1966 to 1966).