Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
freeharwell
Binge Watcher

Re: TV keeps exiting app and going back to home screen

@DBDukes Going to make sure I do these steps in that order and see what happens 🤞

0 Kudos
Rmski77
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue with Disney+ it’s happening on two different tvs so it’s not the television. Tried deleting app and restarting Roku, then adding app but it’s still happening. Started yesterday. 

freeharwell
Binge Watcher

@DBDukes Okay I removed two of the problem app (Disney+ and Netflix), rebooted, then re-added, apps are still crashing. I'm now trying Roku Live and VOD, no issues yet.

I noticed that I'm now having the same issue with my other TCL Roku TV

freeharwell
Binge Watcher

@Rmski77 wrote:

I’m having the same issue with Disney+ it’s happening on two different tvs so it’s not the television. Tried deleting app and restarting Roku, then adding app but it’s still happening. Started yesterday. 

Same! Living room TV started 2-3 days ago and bedroom TV started about 30 minutes ago 😞

FS328

I had the same issue watching Disney+.  It would exit after a few minutes.  I got tired and switched to Amazon Fire TV and continued watching the Disney program without any additional exiting.

Michelle3
Roku Guru

I do not recommend an Amazon Fire TV device for those using old CRT TVs with HDMI to analog converters; I only would recommend it if you have upgraded to a 16:9 TV set.  Since analog TV sets are obsolete and can only be found in used markets these days, the Amazon Fire TV devices, along with Apple TV and Google-certified Android TV devices, are only designed for 16:9 TV sets.   None of the major streaming players manufactured today use analog outputs anymore; only generic unlicensed Android boxes manufactured today support analog outputs.  In addition, ATSC 3.0 will be coming up in the next few years.  The Roku Express+ 3910, which I own, is logically the best, and only, option for those who still use the good old analog CRT TV sets and want to use a major streaming player on it, though only a couple of online stores may have it.  I’ve owned the 3910 Roku for two years, and it still works great!

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Rmski77
Reel Rookie

It’s definitely the Roku and one of them is brand new. How do we run this issue up to tech support? Do they monitor these forums? 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Actually, I’m pretty sure you would need to contact Disney.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Sweets091903
Channel Surfer

I’m having the exact same issue. On two of my TVs. Have yet to figure out what is going on. It’s driving me insane. 

mitoben69
Channel Surfer

I have the same issue on both my roku tv as well, both different models same app disney.