Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autumn

TV blinking and Roku HDCP Error

Jump to solution

Everything was perfect past night woke up this morning and it all just keeps Blinking! I've tried the HCDP error message steps to fix it, which is unplug power and hdmi from both tv and roku then start back up. It keeps doing it. My tv is not a smart tv but does have one hdmi hookup. It blinks literally every second! My roku and hdmi cable are less than 2 weeks old. Some please help me! Thanks yall

0 Kudos

Re: TV flickering from Roku home screen to static and back

Jump to solution

My screen will turn dark and light in a flickering manner

0 Kudos
EHR

Re: TV blinking and Roku HDCP Error

Jump to solution

We’re having the exact same issue and have replaced the device and cables, and manually reset everything including resolution, with no luck. Did you ever resolve? 

0 Kudos
Kani
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine got fixed with manually setting display type from auto. Check with 1080p first and move up, mine works with 1080p and 4K UHD 30 frames

0 Kudos
2fuzzycats
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had static in the audio tonight and couldn't fix it . I got on here and started reading info and apparently this is a common problem . Many people stated that you " smack it" , so I unplugged it , let it cool down and smacked it a couple of times , problem solved ! 

0 Kudos
rcv

Jump to solution

did you make this change on the TV or the ROKU?  I've tried both, also replaced the HDMI cable and tried using different HDMI ports on the TV.  This always happens when commercials or previews play in the Amazon app, forcing me to restart the ROKU.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @rcv,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing?
As a first step, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page for a more helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist you. Get started here: Official Roku Support | Roku Device Questions & Troubleshooting 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Doc702
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The hdmi cable is the one plugged into the hdmi port, pretty much self explanatory, all you have to do is open your eyes and exercise the least bit of common sense, it’s that easy 

0 Kudos