Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRC no dialogue heard in War & Peace (2016)

Hi, I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm watching S1:E2 of War and Peace (2016) via the Roku Channel on my laptop with the Chrome browser. Episode 1 was fine, but as soon as I loaded Episode 2, all I heard was background noises like birds and footsteps- no dialogue. I had captions on, so I know there should have been spoken dialogue, but I couldn't hear it. I closed and reloaded the browser, but there was no change.

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15

Watching episode 2 of War and Peace (2016): There is no dialogue volume. We can hear music and background noises, we can see lips moving, but NO audio for the voices. Episode 1 was fine.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@waltersjanatx 

Confirmed.  Seems like an audio track issue with Season 1, Episode 2 of "War and Peace" (2016) playing on the Roku Channel.

Similar behavior on the online Roku Channel. (https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/6262acfc963a5a7b98ec0d6766a55b2d)

-----

Tagging @RokuDanny-R and @RokuKariza-D to ask to forward to appropriate team.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TRC no dialogue heard in War & Peace (2016)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention to Roku Community!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku Channel team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
KayPerk98

Hi there, 

Any update you can provide on the dialogue audio being missing from S1E2?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KayPerk98,

Thanks for following up.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a further resolution soon. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

Thanks for your patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
VP11

Re: dialogue not audible only background noise

Episode 2 of War and Peace on the Roku Channel has an audio problem.  I can hear the background music/sound but the dialogue is silent.  I think episode 1 and 3 are fine.  I don't know about episodes 4-8.  How do I fix it so that I can hear the dialogue?

0 Kudos
delfuego
Binge Watcher

Re: dialogue not audible only background noise

you can try removing the channel from your list and then adding it again. Or see if it will play on a device. I got around the problem by pulling up the audio impaired movie on my laptop and casting it to my TV.

0 Kudos

i also have this problem 😞

0 Kudos
Elusiveanorris
Reel Rookie

No audio track on roku channel show “war &peace” episode 2 on multiple devices

No audio track on roku channel show “war &peace” episode 2 on multiple devices.  I have reset, restarted, etc.  and deleted the channel and re-added it.  No luck.  Episode 1 played fine but the other episodes aren’t working 

0 Kudos