Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rev_evans
Reel Rookie

TCL roku tv, Amazon prime/Netflix glitch screen

Both amazon and Netflix are doing this. I am on my roku tv so it is not an hdmi cord issue. Both apps open fine and I am able to browse selections, but when I click on a movie the screen looks like this green glitch. Audio plays but the video stays glitched. This happens no matter what I try to watch. 

i removed the apps and reinstalled them and the problem persists. 

as far as I know none of my other apps have this problem. 

A02C9C4E-4CA1-4474-BE93-45B87C49054E.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
Rev_evans
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL roku tv, Amazon prime/Netflix glitch screen

I did more checking and Hulu, Disney +, and all of my other apps are doing it too... 

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Roku only supplies the operating system for a "Roku TV". This sounds like a hardware issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer of the set.

Roku TV Manufacturer Support Contacts:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Gerneio

@Rev_evans what did you end up doing? My roku just started having the same issue. Also a built-in roku TV

Gerneio

Guess I might have posted too soon. Even though I had already done a power cycle with the remote, I'm guessing all this does is put it to "sleep". So what actually ended up working was going to settings, system, power, and selecting system restart. Afterwards green screen was gone from all apps. Hopefully it stays that way...

Hisense Roku TV by the way.

This is happening on our Roku stick for  Prime Video and Disney +. I have check for a software update and also uninstalled and reinstalled but it will not fix. I would love some additional suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Kris300
Reel Rookie

I just did the suggested reset and so far so good...... thanks!!

2/9/21 Update: glitch is back. Has anyone had any success with getting either Roku or TCL to replace this obviously defective setup?

Thanks!

Rev_evans
Reel Rookie

Reset the TV in settings works for me. Unfortunately the tv is doing it often. 

0 Kudos
JW63
Reel Rookie

Unplug it, for maybe 5 minutes then back on, it should take care of it.

0 Kudos
Kris300
Reel Rookie

Thank you - will give that a shot!

0 Kudos