Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AchtungCloud
Reel Rookie

TCL Series 6 HDR/Dolby Vision Green Screen

I have TCL 65R625. For months now (pre-dating 9.4 update on this TV), any time I try to play HDR/Dolby Vision content the screen immediately freezes as a green screen with black lines through it.  Occasionally, it will just buffer forever without actually playing.  When I can get it to work, there is a visible snow to the picture.  Usually a system restart or factory reset will stop the issue in the short term, but it always comes back within a day or so.  Is this issue widespread or should I try to use extended warranty to return the TV (bought about a year ago from Best Buy)?

4 REPLIES 4
jdade80

Re: TCL Series 6 HDR/Dolby Vision Green Screen

I am having this same issue.

nam2212

Same issue I noticed the other day. Did the system restart and it fixed it. Hasn't done it since.

mcguik2

Same issue. Bought this TV a couple months ago. Very upsetting as this was a big reason for buying it. I also factory reset several times, after which it works again for a day or two, and then back to the green screen.

Wancell
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. A Power restart fixes the issue but have not seen the issue when using a Chromecast with Google TV attached.