Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremyluke
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

I have been experiencing same issue for at least last week on my TCL 55US5800.

TCL told me it's Roku's fault, Roku said they were working on a a fix and were aware of the issue. It's been 2 days and issue is still occurring, also I am unable to send email to customer support through their website as I keep getting an error that I didn't type in a question. I will try calling tomorrow, but as of now Netflix is unwatchable on Roku TV
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"jeremyluke" wrote:

TCL told me it's Roku's fault, Roku said they were working on a a fix and were aware of the issue. It's been 2 days and issue is still occurring, also I am unable to send email to customer support through their website as I keep getting an error that I didn't type in a question. I will try calling tomorrow, but as of now Netflix is unwatchable on Roku TV

There is an issue specific to Netflix that causes it to exit exactly 30 minutes after beginning a video. If you go to the Netflix web site on your computer, enter your settings, and turn off Test Participation, then reboot your Roku your Netflix issue should go away.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeremyluke
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
"jeremyluke" wrote:

There is an issue specific to Netflix that causes it to exit exactly 30 minutes after beginning a video. If you go to the Netflix web site on your computer, enter your settings, and turn off Test Participation, then reboot your Roku your Netflix issue should go away.

Thanks, I'll try that fix
0 Kudos
Gleng
Level 7

I may have a solution to the lockup and reboot of the tcl roku 32S3700 as well as wifi issues. On a hunch u studied the layout of the main board. I discovered the grounds for the main logic board were inadequate where the the mounting screws hold the board to the ground plate. Cleaning the connections there have resolved the reboot and lookups as well as wifi issues.
0 Kudos
Pleasehelp
Level 7

Below the fix was suppose to be in place the 22nd. I've have the tv for just over a week with no issues until today. Nexflix will play for about 5 min or less then the screen goes black then back to the home screen. When Netflix opens back up it won't pick up where you left off and restarts the show. By the time you find were you were you have 2 more minutes of watching befor this happens again.

Any plan to fix?
0 Kudos
Lyndy
Level 7

I've had the same problem with netflix it just started recently only on my 55 inch. I haven't had any issues with the other 2 rokus. sometimes i wonder if my kids switching up the remotes all the time might be causing issues? Ive had a lot of issues with my 55 it has been rather frusting at times.
0 Kudos
Lyndy
Level 7

I just checked to see if my 55 inch was up to date and realized that i started having problems around the time it was last updated that's really frustaing
0 Kudos
inlina
Level 7

I had the Netflix issue start sometime in the last week but it seems to have been resolved through one of two things:

1) There was a software update on Aug 31
2) At the recommendation of some video I found on Youtube I forced a system restart (not just turn it off with the remote). I think it's in Setting => System => Restart or something like that.

I'm not sure if it was one, the other or both that resolved it because I did the restart and then found that there had been a software update as well. The other suggestion in the video was to do a hard reset power cycle by pulling the mains power for at least 10 seconds.

I'd be interested to know if others problems were solved with the new software and not doing a restart/reset.

CG 
0 Kudos
kaleponi
Level 7

I tried a factory reset on my tv and that worked for about a week.  I just tried the following suggestion and so far so good.  I'll update this post if it reverts back to issue.

"jeremyluke wrote" wrote:

0 Kudos
dodokov
Level 7

I have a roku stick the black one and the remote is freezing all the time. sometimes i hit the button 10 times and more in order to  work. I am so tired of it i tried everything as well and it didn't work.

any suggestion? any help? thanks. 
0 Kudos