Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wesleeey
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

tried disabling device connect as well as changing the wireless ac control channel to a channel furthest away from the neighbors but it's still randomly exiting to the roku screen and sometimes rebooting completely
0 Kudos
jeff303
Level 7

I have the 55" (model 55US5800). Bought new from Target about 2 weeks ago. I am experiencing the Netflix crashing problem described here as well. The video just abruptly stops playing and I'm returned to the home screen. This problem must not be specific to wireless because my TV is plugged into the router via Ethernet.
0 Kudos
jrlynn
Level 7

I have the same model (55US5800) connected via ethernet and get app crashes, including Netflix, YouTube, and UFC.  When it works it works, but when it doesn't it just goes back to the home screen.  I also experience intermittent restarts.  That is it flashes to black and the TCL Roku loading screen pops up while the OS boots.

I've also notice, once or twice, a white flashing horizontal line that pops up around 1/3 down the screen.  It is hard to tell if it is the video, but it always comes on streamed content.
0 Kudos
Kg328
Level 7

I bought the 55" TCL t.v. on 9/22/16 and it does just go back to the home screen without warning. It does it all the time. It does the same thing erinb2525 said.
0 Kudos
Genaldar
Level 7

I had the same problem, but after changing a setting it went away almost completely. Under advanced system settings I re-enabled device connect. But I left screen mirroring disabled. It went from crashing multiple times an hour to twice in more than 12 hours.

I hope this helps
0 Kudos
Dkastl
Level 7

So far there has been no response on how to fix this, it appears to be a defect they are aware of...so I'll just return the tv and get my money back.
0 Kudos
stevesfs1
Level 7

Just purchased the TCL ROKU 55US5800 on Saturday, Nov. 26th.  Was fine on Sunday for football then froze/crashed three times on Monday while watching 4K Spotlight videos from NatGeo and You Tube.  The picture looks great and I'm OK with the TCL ROKU Brand and specs , but I can't have a TV that crashes.  Had to unplug and restart the TV each time - none of the remote control buttons (or the buttons on the back of the TV) worked. Debating on whether or not to keep it and find a fix or to take it back to the store for another brand,  
0 Kudos
Samsauce
Level 7

Just picked up the 55US5800 yesterday from Target. Upon setting it up it was unable to find any wireless signals so I had to use wired and after it installed updates and trying to restart it froze... I turned the TV off and tried this again to get more freezing upon restarting. Upon trying to factory reset it froze again... I then attempted to skip the connect to internet step and manually update the software via usb stick. This worked until the TV tried to restart then then again froze..... thank god I'm able to connect it to my ps4 right now but this means I can't get any 4K features out of it... Kinda feel like I just brought a 55" piece of garbage into my house. Not the best first experience with TCL.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Samsauce" wrote:
Just picked up the 55US5800 yesterday from Target. Upon setting it up it was unable to find any wireless signals so I had to use wired and after it installed updates and trying to restart it froze... I turned the TV off and tried this again to get more freezing upon restarting. Upon trying to factory reset it froze again... I then attempted to skip the connect to internet step and manually update the software via usb stick. This worked until the TV tried to restart then then again froze..... thank god I'm able to connect it to my ps4 right now but this means I can't get any 4K features out of it... Kinda feel like I just brought a 55" piece of garbage into my house. Not the best first experience with TCL.

I had a similar problem with a 24" Insignia Roku TV. Couldn't connect to wireless, so I updated the firmware via USB. After that, the TV would freeze after about 30 seconds and reboot itself. Never could get it to work. Returned it to Best Buy and brought another one home. It's been flawless. My guess is there's a run of bad hardware, most likely related to the wireless module. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
michp3
Level 7

I know this thread is a few months old, has the crashing problem been corrected?  Bought a 65" TCL 65US5800 on Amazon, arrived yesterday and it crashed after 5 minutes of anything- cable without a connection to the internet, setup, Youtube, anything.  Troubleshot with the suggestions on this forum and with TCL for hours, I give up.  Debating between exchanging or just returning and buying a new brand.  I really like the TV otherwise, but obviously a TV that locks up and resets every 5 minutes won't work.
0 Kudos