Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dkastl
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

I have the 4k 55" TCL Roku TV this happens to me too
When watching Netflix (or YouTube) the app quits without notice (sometimes the image freezes) and I am retuned to the home screen.
Sometimes the TV needs to be restarted to be usable.

Yup, exactly.
0 Kudos
LolliMolly
Level 7

I just got the 55" 4k yesterday and am having the same problem. Netflix crashes constantly, hulu crashes, but not as frequently as Netflix. I haven't noticed it in any other apps/channels because I haven't used any others. I already had to return the tv once because the first one we bought had a smashed screen right out of the box so I really don't want to have to go through the return process again. Is there any update on when that fix might come out?

Edited to add that it also has restarted itself several times and has frozen a couple of times
0 Kudos
jpimentel715
Level 7

I have had the 40" model of the tv for a couple months. Recently it has been randomly rebooting, not sure if anyone knows a fix to this issue. The whole tv turns off and then reboots to the same screen as if i were to have turned the tv off and on. The red light in the front of the TV uner the TCL logo flashes during this process.
0 Kudos
Csherwood21
Level 7

Im another who has the same issues, with the same product. Ive been searching for answers but it seems like there are none to be found. TCL Roku TV 55" I purchased within the last month. No real complaints besides Netflix crash, which works fine through ps4 on TV. Obviously, this is a selling point and should be responsive.

Mine will sometimes work for 5 minutes, or several seconds before sending me to home screen. I have uninstalled it, and attempted to login back in with the same results. The sound sometimes, on live tv or apps, will stop working. Im more concerend with crashing apps, but getting to the point where I would rather pay more for a working TV. Anyone with a solution im open to all ideas like most probably are.
0 Kudos
radiobrando
Level 7

Same issues are occurring with our recently purchased TCL Roku TV.

Model information:
Roku TV: 6109X
TCL Model: 50UP120
Software Version: 7.2.0 * Build 4143-22

Issue:
While watching Netflix or YouTube, the apps will randomly exit on their own and the TV home screen will show again. Almost as if a buffer is getting full and causibg the app to 'crash' and then the system to essentially reboot. Others apps effected are unknown, as these are the two main apps used by our household.
The remote control is not being utilized at these times and is out of the hands of anyone watching the television. Thus, the idea of the home button being activated via the remote is not a possibility. This is obviously an application issue, be it software with the main Roku GUI running in the background or with the tasks handling functionality.

Please advise as to a resolution ASAP as to not have a massive return of the products by obviously many individuals and a hard hit to a good company's brand.

Regards,

Brandon
0 Kudos
radiobrando
Level 7

RokuShawnS:

Do you have any further updates regarding this issue?

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Can you please describe the issue in more detail?

You say "in Netflix" but does it happen in other channels?  What exactly is the nature of the crash?  (e.g. what are you doing when it happens?)

PM me your serial number and deviceID (as well as contact information), and I'll be happy to submit a CS ticket on your behalf to try to figure out what's going on.

C. Shawn Smith
0 Kudos
KevF2020
Level 7

"Dragonz" wrote:
Is there any ETA on this update? It was first mentioned back in August, its now October.

While not exclusive, most of my issues occur while in the Netflix app (Freeze, Exit to Home, Loss of Sound, Complete System Restart). When using Netflix on the same TV but an alternate source(ie Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, PS4) I have no issues.

Yes, same problems here. with out 32" TCL Roku TV.

Problems occur with Amazon Prime, HBO Now, Sling TV... but it's the most frequent (worst) with YouTube and Netflix.

We have separate Roku 3 units with our other TVs and they work perfectly fine.  No issues.  We even did a full system reset - reinstalling only 5 apps total - on the TCL Roku TV and the problems returned.  It worked OK when we first got it (slower than our Roku 3 but no major issues like this), but now, it's barely usable.  It's only six months old.

If this is a software problem, hopefully it can be resolved soon.  I signed up for this forum literally to post this.  This TCL Roku TV unit is our fifth Roku, but the ONLY ONE that we've ever had an issue with.

Any word on an update please?
0 Kudos
wesleeey
Level 7

Just purchased a TCL 55UP120 and am experiencing the same problems when we tried to use netflix. While watching a show it silently quit back to the home screen three different times in the in the middle of playing.
0 Kudos
Mendler23
Level 7

Same here. Just got my TCL Roku TV. 55US5800. Oct 24th, 2016. Apps like Netflix and YouTube will unexpectedly exit back to home menu (has happened 5 times now in 3 hours of use) or freeze (once). Tv has the latest updates. The apps also do not retain your position in the streamed video/show/movie, so you can't simply pick up where you were kicked off from. This will probably be going back to the store
0 Kudos
Tprettol
Level 7

Roku TV
Similar issues as described. Watching Hulu the app seems to just stop, then video w/o sound plays at double speed, retrieving progress bar comes up, sound from fast video is played at regular speed and then seems to freeze.

TCL Roku TV 5110X
40FS3800
sw: 7.2.0 build 4143-08
Non-5G wireless SSID
Asus router
Dyn secure DNS
0 Kudos