Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erinb2525
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

Roku TV 6102X
Model number - 55US5800
Serial number - YW005W303266
Serial number of TV - 1605GTO000172A00040
Device ID - 549005303266
Software version - 7.2.0
Build - 4143-22
Last Updated 9/11
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Level 9

So you are on 7.2 already, the newest.
Ask TCL support "what now?"
Also let's see what RokuShawnS thinks, since he commented earlier as if this was a known issue?
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Unfortunately, I don't have any further information than what I posted above.  I just know that the fix is coming.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
erinb2525
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have any further information than what I posted above.  I just know that the fix is coming.

C. Shawn Smith

That is still helpful info, thanks! 
0 Kudos
DK7871
Level 7

I have also been experiencing this issue. I purchased a TCL 55UP120 at Costco three weeks ago. Apps unexpectedly quit and device enters the home screen. This occurs most frequently in Netflix.

Roku TV: 6110X
TCL model: 55UP120
Software version: version 7.2.0 * build 4143-22
Last updated: 9/11/16

I have never experienced this issue with any of my Roku stand alone devices or sticks.
0 Kudos
Dragonz
Level 7

Is there any ETA on this update? It was first mentioned back in August, its now October.

I am having the same issue on the 65" 4k TCL Roku TV

6103x
TCL 65US5800
Ver 7.2.0 - build 4143-22

While not exclusive, most of my issues occur while in the Netflix app (Freeze, Exit to Home, Loss of Sound, Complete System Restart). When using Netflix on the same TV but an alternate source(ie Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, PS4) I have no issues.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Can you please describe the issue in more detail?

You say "in Netflix" but does it happen in other channels?  What exactly is the nature of the crash?  (e.g. what are you doing when it happens?)

PM me your serial number and deviceID (as well as contact information), and I'll be happy to submit a CS ticket on your behalf to try to figure out what's going on.

C. Shawn Smith
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Warshadow
Level 7

Same tv. Same issues.

Netflix and YouTube are unwatchable.

Any fix in sight? Thankfully Sling TV works on it.
0 Kudos
ratpH1nk
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Can you please describe the issue in more detail?

You say "in Netflix" but does it happen in other channels?  What exactly is the nature of the crash?  (e.g. what are you doing when it happens?)

PM me your serial number and deviceID (as well as contact information), and I'll be happy to submit a CS ticket on your behalf to try to figure out what's going on.

C. Shawn Smith

I have the 4k 55" TCL Roku TV this happens to me too
When watching Netflix (or YouTube) the app quits without notice (sometimes the image freezes) and I am retuned to the home screen.
Sometimes the TV needs to be restarted to be usable.
0 Kudos
Dkastl
Level 7

I have this same problem and it is still doing it. Whatever channel or app I'm using will close and it will go to the main menu, at random. If i click back on it to start it again, it will either not start or start and then instantly close.
0 Kudos