Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie_Logic
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku TV crashing

Just want to share what worked for me. Sure it's not the cause for most. TV kept randomly going to homescreen or Nerflix or exiting Netflix. Took the batteries out of my Roku remote and started using the Roku remote app on my phone. Apparently the remote was randomly sending a signal. Was happening several times a day before and TV has been good for over a week since I took out the batteries.
0 Kudos
ynotrhyme
Level 7

"sonywanholecom" wrote:
Model information:
Roku TV: 6109X
TCL Model: 50UP120

Software Version: 7.2.0
Build: 4143-22

I have been going through the settings disabling things one piece at a time. I have found that by disabling "Device Connect" that all of the lock ups have ceased to plague my TV. This setting can be found in the following location.
From the Home Screen Menu select:
System
--------->Advanced Settings
---------------------------------->Device Connect
------------------------------------------------------->Select "Disable 'Device Connect'
I hope this is as effective for others as it has been for me.

i tried this but my tv says that i cant disable because i have an enhanced roku remote connected. Any suggestions? 
0 Kudos
Chrisbolt
Level 7

My tcl Roku TV is trying to boot up and then just turns off. It has been doing this for over an hour. It gets to the TCL Roku TV main startup screen and then turns off and it is stuck in this cycle. I can't manually turn it off, I can't do anything.
0 Kudos

"Chrisbolt" wrote:
My tcl Roku TV is trying to boot up and then just turns off. It has been doing this for over an hour. It gets to the TCL Roku TV main startup screen and then turns off and it is stuck in this cycle. I can't manually turn it off, I can't do anything.

Try unplugging the TV from the power outlet and letting it sit for a while unplugged.  Generally this helps many electronic items when they act strange.  After an hour plug it back in and see if it works normally.  If not it may be something more serious like a bad circuit board or power circuit issue.  I usually try this first before contacting a repair service.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38665
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
DrKLK
Level 7

I have a TCL Roku TV 55S423. I had problems with it turning off for a second then turning back on then off again for a second. This happened about every 5 minutes. I had a thumb drive in the USB port for replay. Removed the thumb drive and the problem resolved. FYI. Software fix for the pause/replay?

0 Kudos