Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunetracx

Re: TCL Roku TV - Stuck in Headphone Mode

Hi everyone! This JUST happened to me but I figured out how to fix it. I just gently put the headphones back into the AUX but didn't push it in fully - just gently wiggled around and the audio came back on!!! 🙂 Hopefully this works for someone else.

rwilsonct

TCL needs to acknowledge that the issue is caused by a faulty headphone /analog sound bar jack.  I have ran into this problem several times in the past, and each time I called support they walked me through every typical standard troubleshooting step as if the problem was a user error.  I.e., power the tv on and off, check the that the volume is up, check that mute is turned off, perform a reset, etc. None of those steps ever worked for me.

Never will they tell you it’s a product issue, and can only be corrected by wiggling a pin plug or small screw driver, paper clip, etc, inside the pin plug jack until you see the headphone icon disappear from the volume display on your screen. For me this has worked each and every time.

Step up TCL and acknowledge the issue and perhaps provide a repair or fix.

0 Kudos
Realdental

I had the same issue. The problem arose when I had tried to connect the receiver for wireless RF headphones into the single headphone jack on my Roku TCL TV. Not only did the headphones not work but I also lost my external TV speakers because the TV thought the headphones were still plugged in even tho I unplugged them. I tried all the fixes people have posted here but nothing worked. As a last ditch effort I noticed my ROKU TCL 55" had a digital optical jack as did my wireless headphone receiver. I connected my TV to my wireless headphone receiver via a digital optical cable receiver and it fixed it. Not only is the headphone icon gone but I now have sound thru the TV and  headphones simultaneously. I can control the volume of the TV external speakers through the remote and the volume of the headphones separate and independent of each other. Not sure if this will work for everyone but it worked for me

0 Kudos
rexus7

Download the Roku TV remote app. and then set up the remote and click the headphone jack a couple times. 

0 Kudos
beascott

Using the Roku app seems like the simplist fix.  Toggle off the headphone icon in the app.  Before I saw this solution, I tried having a headphone set plugged in as I turned on the TV.  However, I removed the phones from the jack as the TCL ROKU splash screen was starting and that restored it to TV speakers mode.

0 Kudos
shelbyC13

I am having the same issue. I never plugged any headphones into my TV. Out of nowhere, the headphone mode turned on and I haven't been able to keep the headphone mode off for more than a minute or two. Where do I go to disable it entirely. Please help. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shelbyC13

Thanks for the post.

The issue you are experiencing may be related to a hardware issue.

Have you tried contacting your Roku TV support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Support page here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

So I fixed this by inserting the curved part (in which I straightened out) of a wire hanger into the port and it fixed. I have to leave it there due to it switching back to headphones as soon as I take it out 

Kenh1

Same issue here. I unplugged the TV for a few minutes, with the headphone jack removed, and that fixed it. It didn't work the first time I tried it, but I only had it unplugged for like 30 seconds that time. But after leaving it unplugged for around 5 minutes it worked.

0 Kudos
bowersbum

Same thing happened to us when my wife accidentally overturned a water glass and some water got into the headphone jack on the remote and that set it to headphone mode. She removed the headphone from the remote and turned it on its side headphone plug down and shook it. Some water came out and we rebooted the Roku after which everything works, speakers and all.

0 Kudos