Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL Roku 43S515 - No Menu Sounds via Optical Audio

Hi everyone,

Recently I got a TCL Roku TV 4K model 43S515 along with an LG SH3K 2.1 soundbar w/ sub woofer. I've noticed a strange occurrence in that the clicky sound as you navigate the menus in the Roku TV OS is barely audible at any volume level when connected to the soundbar via the optical audio out, however the sound when you select an app plays at full volume. I've noticed the same issue when using other devices connected to the TV such as the Nintendo Switch; its menus also normally have a clicky sound as you move around in the home screen, but they are barely audible via the optical audio out. All other audio plays at normal volume. Using the headphone out to connect to the soundbar does not have this issue, nor does using just the TV speakers; the clicky sound in all menus sound as normal as all other audio.

As far as settings go, I disable the TV speakers when connecting to the soundbar, I've tried autodetect and PCM-Stereo in the sound options, and I even tried switching out the optical cable for another one besides the one that came with the soundbar. 

Has anyone encountered this and found a fix here by any chance?
0 Kudos