Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ubersaint
Level 7

TCL Roku 32" from Walmart: TV being operated as if someone else is using remote (No Network)

Hello there, 

My new tv from walmart a TCL Roku 32" has started to act like someone else is operating the tv and shutting it off or randomly scrolling. I've disconnected the internet from it to see if it was an outside source (Net only) and it seems to still be happening. This model uses IR remotes and the room is mostly covered up in a camper. Not sure if that is an issue but I'm at a loss as to what might be doing this. I've already turned off remote app access but no change.

2 Replies
Marshall01
Level 7

Re: TCL Roku 32" from Walmart: TV being operated as if someone else is using remote (No Network

I am having this problem with my roku device. It seems like someone may have connected to our accounts using the mobile app and aren't aware. Hopefully someone can tell us how to prevent that

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Re: TCL Roku 32" from Walmart: TV being operated as if someone else is using remote (No Network

Im not sure what you mean by "connected to our accounts", but if you're not using the app, disable the ability for mobile apps to control your TV in Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Control by mobile apps.

The only way someone should be able to control your TV is if they're connected to your network, so you may want to investigate your network security.

0 Kudos