Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjbakhtiar
Level 7

TCL R617 and Vizio Soundbar

I just got a TCL TV and it has an optical port and so does my Vizio soundbar. When I connect with an optical cable, the audio cuts in and out every few seconds for like half a second. I tried several audio settings, but no luck. The video does not skip so I assume it's not network related. Any help please?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
blade_005
Level 10

Re: TCL R617 and Vizio Soundbar

"pjbakhtiar" wrote:
I just got a TCL TV and it has an optical port and so does my Vizio soundbar. When I connect with an optical cable, the audio cuts in and out every few seconds for like half a second. I tried several audio settings, but no luck. The video does not skip so I assume it's not network related. Any help please?

What version of the Roku OS are you on? I have a TCL TV and Vizio soundbar, but I am connected via HDMI on my soundbar to TV without any issues. You may want to review the support thread link below that discusses Intermittent Audio issues.

Intermittent Audio after 8.1 Update
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: TCL R617 and Vizio Soundbar

"pjbakhtiar" wrote:

Is it all content or specific content? I had this issue with HBO 5.1 Content but nothing else, at one time. I use the soundbar and HBO much less than when each was was new to me, so I'm not sure if it's still an issue or not.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos