Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flipsonic
Level 8

TCL 75Q825 Motion Blur

I would give my 75Q825 a full 5 star if it weren’t for the motion artifacts especially on HDR contents. I just received the tv yesterday 12/04/2020 from Best Buy. I used settings from people in forums as a start. Picture looks great. However when all motion smoothing/clarity features are on, I see pixelated artifacts around the subject during fast moving or panning scenes. Saw this a lot from scenes in Mandalorian and 4K YouTube sports vids. When the features are off, it is less noticeable. People from Roku forums have tried turning the feature off but keeps coming back. My question is, are the pixelated motion artifacts normal when these features are on? If so, then what good are these motion features? Does anyone see the same thing? I hope I’m not the only one as I don’t want to have to go through an exchange.

TCL 75Q825
Onkyo TX-SR494
Klipsch 5.1 speakers
Sony Dolby Atmos speakers
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Flipsonic
Level 8

Re: TCL 75Q825 Motion Blur

Update: I’m new to the 4K TV world so I did more reading. Apparently motion blur is typical on 4K TVs especially when you have motion interpolation features on. I’m so used to my previous TV which is a DLP projection TV and when I switched, I started focusing on the motion blur. Most movies are shot with 24 FPS and the reason for this. So it depends what quality of movies you’re watching. I watched Hubble,s Halloween and didn’t see much motion blur with motion interpolation features on medium. Worst case, I just turn off the features. Anyway, looks that my TV is fine. I just need to get used to it.

TCL 75Q825
Onkyo TX-SR494
Klipsch 5.1 speakers
Sony Dolby Atmos speakers
0 Kudos