Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetalKhaos
Level 7

TCL 6 Series not pushing audio through ARC connection

I have a TCL P605 tv, which I've had for over 2-3 years now and it works fine.

Last year I decided to purchase the TCL Alto 7+ as it was on sale and figured it would be nice to have better audio output.  Everything worked fine up until just over a month ago where the audio completely stopped coming out from the bar.

I've done various tests, the audio on the bar DOES work via bluetooth or if I use an optical cable instead.  CEC option does NOT detect the soundbar at all.  I can connect it through ARC and it allows me to adjust the volume (as you can see the new volume setting pop up on the TV and adjust with remote, just no sound).  My 'work around' was using optical with the ARC connection so I can still control the volume with my regular remote, however I still need to use three stupid remotes as I need to switch the soundbar to optical every time I turn the tv on.  

Went through TCL customer service, tried the bar on another friend's tv and had same issue.  Today I just received a brand new unit to replace the old one, but I still have the same problem.  Using all the new cables, HDMI and all, that came with it.  It won't detect the CEC in the options, but I can still see that it recognizes it by the volume display on screen.

I'm pulling my hair out here, assuming it is likely something firmware related.  I tried to factory reset, but it looks like it just wipes settings, not firmware.  Not sure if there's a way to rollback the firmware to test, or if Roku is aware of this software issue and is doing something to correct.

Any suggestions on what else to try would be greatly appreciated, as going forward I think I'm just going to avoid Roku/TCL altogether.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kevaboyd
Level 7

Re: TCL 6 Series not pushing audio through ARC connection

MetalKhoas,

Did you come up with a solution?  I’m experiencing the exact same thing after only 2 weeks of use.

0 Kudos
MetalKhaos
Level 7

Re: TCL 6 Series not pushing audio through ARC connection

Yes, actually I did.  It was an HDMI switcher I had plugged in.  It wasn't to the ARC port, entirely separate one.    I'm guessing perhaps the TV itself is very sensitive, because I tried this setup on a friend's tv that was TCL and had same issue, though he had a separate sound system setup.  

0 Kudos