Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olenderj8
Visitor

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Here to echo this as well - TCL 65 with a Sonos Beam. The delay is present through any signal that is run through the TV. It’s unwatchable, and the response from TCL is just comically bad. It’s an OS software issue, obviously, and probably easily solvable. Just hire an engineer who can fix this and push an update out. Come on, guys!
California123
Channel Surfer

....Same problem... Yamaha soundbar connected to a tcl roku tv via hdmi arc

The sound doesn’t match up...pretty sure it’s roku os

its kinda funny how this tanner dude keeps asking people for specifics when he knows it’s the same issue with every post .... dude just have someone make a fix and stop pretending it’s a specific issue of the user

i wonder if anyone has had this guy fix their issue after ‘’PMING  The model numbers, issues, and rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom “ over the last year....probably not

no one has come on here saying tanner fixed it!  What a joke can’t believe I bought this junk

jhvansyckle
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos
aaronwt
Roku Guru

I've never had any audio sync issues over the ARC with my 6 Series and an Onkyo receiver. I've had it for over a year now.

TCL 6 Series--Streaming Stick Plus--2019 Ultra--2016 Ultra

57TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
0 Kudos
bguscott
Binge Watcher

Have you tested devices connected to your HDMI ports playing back Dolby Digital audio? From my experience testing a 55R615 including against a brand new motherboard with a TCL tech:

1. HDMI-connected devices playing Dolby Digital audio introduce a 100-300ms audio delay
  2. HDMI-connected devices playing linear PCM and DTS audio apparently don't have any sort of lag/delay
  3. The built-in apps play any audio codec (including Dolby Digital) without any audio sync issues

From what I can tell it seems to be a fundamental design flaw where Dolby Digital audio is not "passed through" directly to the receiver. Further notes:

• The above behaviour is the same no matter which audio options are configured within the TV's settings (the TCL tech and I tested every possible combination of options)
  • The delay exists over both HDMI ARC and Optical out, however the optical out delay seems to be slightly less than HDMI
  • The same home theatre setup connected directly to the HDMI device or to another TV doesn't experience any delay.

It's 100% the TCL Roku TV's fault

0 Kudos
JesseC
Channel Surfer

Just got the R625. Same exact issues. Audio not in sync through ARC with internal apps and hdmi in except with stereo PCM. The sync seems to drift around. Not a consistent delay.
0 Kudos
8bitdaze
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list - audio sync issues when using ARC. 

TCL 65R613 (Canadian Costco variant of the 65R617) with Pioneer VSX-532

Please please please put out a fix 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

I dont think this is specific to any brand of hardware on our end.

It is annoying however. I think its an upstream problem.

Sometimes five minutes can make a big difference. I advise everyone to lower their resolution to 720p.

I dunno would a fancier Roku alleviate this problem?????

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
8bitdaze
Reel Rookie

@boogernose wrote:

I dont think this is specific to any brand of hardware on our end.

Based on the volume of reports from TCL users I think it's safe to say TCL is affected and IMO neither company is taking ownership.

@boogernose wrote:

It is annoying however. I think its an upstream problem.

Sometimes five minutes can make a big difference. I advise everyone to lower their resolution to 720p.

Say wha? Upstream? How?

Also, 720p as a workaround? There is no audio delay when using PCM Stereo, Roku and TCL can't do multi-channel without audio delay. Resolution has nothing to do with this

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

I probably mis-spoke. But this audio thing does happen to me as well on rare occasions.

I dont have a TCL and with all the posts concerning them am glad I dont.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos